Although we may think of certain ICP songs when carnival rides are mentioned, the Octotron in Savage Coast is not for the faint of heart. Many believe it to be possessed, and the sheer volume of ghosts and undead carnies surrounding the place may bring some credence to this belief. If you can get to the ride without being chased by chainsaw wielding scarecrows and a horde of walking dead, consider yourself lucky! This is one of the most thrilling rides you can take part in. As one frequenter commented…
“You gotta make sure you empty your bladder and butt first. You don’t want to be shitting or pissing yourself because of no damn G’s.” -Custis Turner
Well, wording aside we believe that to be good advice. Some other advice is as follows.
- When riding the Octotron, always put the heaviest person to the outside. You don’t want to squish your littlest friend as the speed on this ride can get -quite- fast.
- Make sure the bar is -fully- down. Some pesky ghosts and undead carnies try to sabotage a perfectly fun ride with things such as death, maiming and lost limbs due to faulty equipment.
- When the ride starts moving, do not attempt to get out, or get on the ride. Wait until it ends.
- Sometimes the ride is a little random in it’s duration. Take some motion sickness pills beforehand.
- It should go without saying but, pregnant people should not ride any carnival rides.
We wish you the safest and most thrilling (and fun) time on this ride. Do not forget to take any of these precautions.
Wynn Gwynn is an Illustrator, Editor and Writer of Tuppenny Dreadful, a media company in Darkside of Ealdwic London- Shades District.